Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Greener Musician

One thing that I will be exploring is: how can I be a more eco-friendly musician? Examples of areas I will be researching and striving toward the greenest choices I can afford:

1. Travel - Renting an eco-friendly vehicle for out-of-town gigs and touring

2. Paper/Plastic - For our next recording, and future printed promo materials, use recycled and eco-friendly products

3. Instruments – Here's an even higher-level expense – it would be great to know that one's guitar or other instruments were made of wood (and other products) grown sustainability....

At this point I think this is enough to concentrate on – as we know from the last post (where I called myself EOG = Easily Overwhelmed Girl), I could go on as follows until I have overwhelmed myself into deciding it is all just too much (imagine the air around my head cluttered with thought balloons):

It would be best to be a “no-impact” band – let's see – using a solar generator for any electric instruments and other amplification, only playing local gigs, and getting there with bicycles pulling trailers...

... do all band promotion and communication online, to save paper, but then we have other whole categories of eco-trouble – the manufacture of computers, the power generated to use the computers – oh, right, we'll have those solar generators....

So! I will be concentrating on numbers 1 & 2 above for now! Of course, I wouldn't turn down a guitar that fit the #3 category!....

No comments: